Thursday, July 12, 2012

Taking my body for a walk...

It is a lovely morning her at the Temby house.

Black Kitty is hanging out with me on my desk. 
The sun is shining.  The weather is not as hot.  It MIGHT rain tomorrow.  
We have the whole day ahead of us, don't we?
Al & I have started our day by walking for 30 minutes.  Always a good thing to do, don't you think?  I was so sore the first few days of taking a daily walk, but I feel better every day.  

Yesterday evening I drove to Zionsville to the ART IN HAND Gallery meeting.  At every meeting we rehang all of the work in a different spot in the Gallery.  As planned, I was able to take my African series down and hang it.  

Here it is.  211 S. Main, Zionsville.
I am planning to make prints to sell from these.  The discussion at the meeting was about a silent auction for the Boone County Humane society.  I need to paint something for that.  Also, they asked that we decide what we are going to make individually for the Christmas tree in the store.  Evidently this store is known for handmade ornaments.  They do quite a little business in that.  BUT, they have to be juried in.  So, I need to get something made.

The drive seemed to be longer coming home than the drive down.  I don't know how Kay Spencer drives all that way everyday for work.  (She has a new job in Indy).  
After I came home I THOUGHT I was going to work, but no, I got hooked on Pinterest.  
Damn that Pinterest.
I got caught up looking on Christmas stuff, because we were talking about Christmas at the meeting.  I just get drug in to it...one thing leads to another...and another...and another.
One of the things that I found while looking for Christmas ideas.
So, today I am going to listen to my good friend Beth and not open Pinterest until the last hour of the day.  I have things that I need to get done, darn it!
  
Today, I need to go over and rehang paintings at the Gallery in Kokomo (ART WORKS Gallery, 210 N. Main Kokomo).  Both galleries are doing well.  The Kokomo Gallery is opening up classes in all kinds of arts.  I will be teaching a painting class there in the near future.  
I'm excited and scared at the same time.
Tonight I will be going to the ART WORKS Gallery co-op meeting.  
Somehow I ended up with the meetings back to back.  Tomorrow I drive to Zionsville for the day.  I will be working from 10am until 5pm.

I had better "get at it".  I'll check back in with you later on today.
TTFN :}
________________


Well, here I am at the end of the day.  
And it was a good day.
I got to see my Nephew Andy & his girlfriend Leah.  They are here visiting from Florida.  He looks like he is healthy & happy.  
Leah is a beautiful young lady that I am happy to have met. 
Don't they look great?  She is a beauty, for sure.
They will be here for another 10 days or so.  I hope to see them many times before they go back.


After our visit we (Al & I) went over to the gallery to rehang the work.
210 N. Main, Kokomo
I worked with Sarah Smith to figure out what the pattern of the paintings should be on the wall.  Then, I climbed the ladder and got them up.
I have learned it is easier to do it this way and then hang it.

Alan kept my company while I figured it out

...and now they are hung
  We held our gallery meeting this evening.  We had a really good meeting.  Afterwards I stopped by to visit the grandbabies and I took them to the park (with their mommy, too).
Asher ordering food at the drive-up.
They played & laughed & waved (Asher).  Someday's I just want to slow it all down and keep them this size.  BUT, I know Mary would not want to be pregnant forever...so we must move on. 


Goodnight to you.
Sweet dreams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment