Monday, May 28, 2012

Saw a dinosaur on the way to work today...

I left the house this morning about 8:30 and headed out for Zionsville.  It was an uneventful trip, all in all.  I did notice that the fields look pretty dry & brown.  I am always working on the quickest way there, so today I took 31 to Westfield and turned west.   I nearly ran off the road when I came across these dinosaurs!  I turned the van around and got out to take a few pictures.


I met a woman who came to the fence to talk to me.  She said that this is the Ernie & Dolly Taylor place.  Ernie was a welder and he is very creative (obviously).  They are in their 80s now, so folks come to help with visitors and upkeep.  She said a tractor club was coming that day and they were working at getting all of the tractors lined up in a row. There is really almost more than you can take in & process.  




I'm gonna get to painting now.  We have about 10 customers this morning, but I think I can control the crowd and paint at the same time. :)






Not really too crowded today.  








I have "worked" the arm and around her collar bone. Basically, I am down to the hardest part of the painting...her hand.  I know that hands are a necessary thing, but, they are SO difficult to capture correctly.  I don't want her to have a Mickey Mouse-ish hand or a hand that looks like it belongs to a ditch digger.  It is going to have to be delicate.  Oh well, it's only paint, right?  




As my father would say.."is anybody gonna die?"  No, but it could really screw up the painting and add hours of work to it if it isn't done right the first time.  If I didn't have this A/C here in the store, I might break out into a sweat over this...


Here are some photos of the 
ART IN HAND GALLERY at 211 S. Main, Zionsville, IN.   
    

No comments:

Post a Comment