Monday, February 5, 2018

Thinking of warmer times


Hello, my friends.
I hope this finds all of you safe and warm.

The snow is coming down out there 
I can hear the wind howling.
But, here I sit in my cozy studio 
writing down some thoughts.

A view out the living room window.

Some days I think to myself 
"Why do I still live in Indiana?"
Do I like the cold?
No.
Do I like the dreary winter days?
No.
I'm here because I couldn't bear to 
leave my family behind.

Luckily, I received this in my e-mail today:

Greeting to you my beloved one






Yesterday, 4:58 AM



It was so nice of Mrs. Patel to think of me.  

Now I can move myself, parents, children & grandchildren to a warmer place with some water.


Right.


Not my photo.....
So, I will just sit here in my studio and create.  


I have had a few things in the works this week.


We'll start with this pussy cat.


This is Bella.  She is painted in oil on a 12 X 12 wrap around canvas.
 Bella is a part Siamese rescue cat.  
She is a commissioned piece.  
She should be finished this week and ready to ship.  Normally I like to photograph the subject myself, 
but she is very elusive house cat, 
so I am painting from the client's photo.


The Hen Party is painted in oil on an 8 x 8 canvas board.  $50
When I hit a "snag" in my commissioned 
painting groove 
I pull out a smaller canvas 
board and 
paint on something 
that I want to paint.  

Hen Party is one of the first of these smaller paintings.  
Soon, you will find it for sale 
on a page of this website.  
I just have to figure out how to do it first. 

Again, I am an artist.

Winter Bunny is painted in oil on an 8 x 8 canvas board.  
This bunny is going to work into a pretty piece.  
I enjoy giving myself permission to paint 
a few things that I like.  I realize that not everyone likes what I like, but it makes me happy.  


And if your artist is 
NOT HAPPY
then nobody in the house gets to be happy.
Ask my long suffering hubby.

This week my goal is to figure out how to post paintings and such for sale to the public.  

If you need a photographer or someone to paint a commissioned piece, please feel free to contact me through this site.
I come with references and a cup of coffee.  


So, as I sit here cozy and warm, 
with paint brush in hand
I will dream of warmer days.


Al at the summer series in the park.

Mom and Dad

Warm summer nights with friends and family enjoying each other's company. 


Running in the sprinkler

I will think of my grandchildren playing in the pool and chasing fireflies 
(hopefully not at the same time).


Leia posing for me 
Until then, I will patiently wait 
for those times to come again.


Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment