Sunday, February 11, 2018

Old Ideas and New

Leia made chocolate hearts for her siblings and cousin.

Hello everyone.
I hope that this post finds you well and warm.
I am writing to you 
as usual, 
from my cozy studio. 

We've had some excitement
this week at Sherrill Studios. 
We have "doins".

AND 

I want to talk about old and new. 

Darwin wanted to say hi.

Grab a cup of coffee and let's settle in.
Not my photo....
Where to start?  Let's see...
Changing from old to new ways of seeing things.

Gabby and I a week ago at her celebration. 
Gabby Anderson has a "Celebration of life" last Sunday.  She and I are both past bariatric surgery patients and she has successfully lost 275 lbs.  
I am so proud to know this strong lady.   
 Photographing the Celebration 
made for a joyfull afternoon.
This last Friday she had a 40(ish)lb lymphatic mass removed from her leg.  I pray for her daily to heal and continue on in her evolving life.

She is made of steel.

She and I have both learned that giving up things that give us comfort can be what gives us a better and more fulfilling life.

Chicken and noodle lunch after church today.  I couldn't do it.  We left.

I no longer eat pie.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE pie.
(Obviously, I take pictures of it.)

But it is something that I can not eat 
because I can't stop.  
  


The ladies in our church have feeding people down to a science.  

This is the butter for the mashed potatos.  Oh...my...gosh!

They are READY TO SERVE.

Nope, better just go home and eat where it's safe.
I am giving over old things for new.
I am making a conscious effort to change my life.

I know I have said this before, but

CHANGE IS HARD

So sometimes it takes time
to embrace what is difficult.

That brings me to the "doins" at the studio.

My first student, Felicia.


Sometimes I am just too afraid of the unknown.  I worry about
some of the silliest things.


I gave my first painting lesson this week.


Guess what?
I loved it!

And 
I want to do it some more.
Finished.

Felicia had an idea of what she wanted to do when she came to the studio.
It's a Valentine gift, so..............ssshhhhhhh.

She learned some basics.  
I learned that I do have something 
to give to a student.

I will step into the world of giving 
lessons in oil painting.

If there is enough interest we will venture out into
polymer clay work, too.


Let's embrace the new, not just because it is new, but because of all of the possibilities it holds.

Let's see where this takes us.

Take care, my friends.


Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment