Sunday, February 18, 2018

Hoping for my french fry


Hello, my friends.  
I'm still in the middle of Indiana where it is cold and frosty.
I know that Spring will come, but when?

 There is beauty in this time of the year.

Sometimes in very unexpected places.

The studio has been rather quiet this week.
So I decided to venture out and take some photos near my home.



If you live here in Kokomo, I'm sure you have been past this place, 
but just not noticed it.
These photos were taken underneath the bridge on 931 by the Hampton Inn.
You just don't think that you will find such beauty 
under and around a major highway. 



So, this was how I started the beginning of the day on Valentine's Day 2018.  
Cold and quiet.  


Cold, crisp and quiet.



And then it was off to "cover" a sing out that my husband Al was involved in.


On Valentine's Day the guys from Men of Note travel to many places
to sing songs of love. 


Many times there are tears.  It can be a pretty over whelming thing.
This lady cried in front of about 35 people.

*****************************

I am sure at this point in the blog you are wondering why I titled this piece "Hoping for my french fry".


It happened quite innocently this morning as
Mary and I were waiting in a drive through.
 There were a group of birds sitting on a dumpster.   
She said 
"look at those trash birds waiting on a french fry".  

I replied without thinking 
"aren't we all just waiting on our french fry?"

And that is what got me thinking.

(I know, watch out....Sherry's thinking again.)


Whether we are a starling or a beautiful little wren


We all want the same things.
Yes, we do.

We all want the same things.
Nice homes,
dependable transportation,
happy families,
freedom from fear,
stability in our lives,
you know.....our french fry.


I see a lot of folks on social media arguing about a lot of things.
There are certainly people who are out for themselves in this world.
I am not going to give my views on the world in this blog.


You and I need someplace that is safe and warm.
We are there, right now.

My life is not perfect.  
I have problems and issues everyday, 
just everyone else in this world.


This is something I have posted in my studio.
It is right in front of my desk.

"Let us rise up and be thankful,
for if we didn't learn a lot today,
at least we learned a little, 
and if we didn't learn a little,
at least we didn't get sick,
and if we got sick, 
at least we didn't die;
so, let us all be thankful"
                                    Buddha


I certainly have no control over those people who are working in Washington.
Sure, just let me call them up and tell them how things should be done.
Not.
I voted for the people that I thought were correct for the job.
I trusted that they would do the right thing.

Remember....they want their french fry too.

The folks that report the news seem to have bad news to report to me everyday.
They want their french fries too.  

I said to Mary, just today, that the more bad news 
that we rehash over and over again, the more advertising these people sell.
More french fries for them, huh?

I have to remind myself that not everyone was raised the way I was.  


Am I concerned for the future of my children and grandchildren?
Yes, of course I am.  
I want them to have their french fries, too.

I don't want to put my head in the sand.
BUT
I also don't want to live my life in constant upheaval over things that I don't have any control over in my day to day life.


We owe this to our children, grandchildren and ourselves.


Thank you, my friends for taking the time to look through my pictures and my thoughts today.  
May peace be with you and yours while we look for our french fries.

1 comment: